August 3, 2026, a thought for today, The wise man does not hang his knowledge on a hook. Spanish Proverb
Photos in my life yesterday
The first challenge was “orange”. This is a close up of one of the lilies from another of the store bought bouquets.
The second upload was “twisted”. I was hoping one of the girls at church would have had braided hair this week but neither of them did. One of them had a hair twist with a comb. attached. I took a shot of that but didn’t ask her for her permission to use the photo, she knew I took the photo but not that I was going to upload it. So I got the other image of some twisted morning glory vines.
The last assignment for yesterday was “hamburger”. I threw in a cheeseburger on this one too.Life today. Mondays are always busy with catch up things on my back burner agenda, put aside chores. Usually little things, things that don’t need too much time. Most of them are things I don’t mind doing, sometimes even things that give me pleasure. Time is the culprit. I don’t hesitate to thank God for the energy he has given me, it is slipping and getting a little harder but it still works for now.
I have the dish washer running, it should have been done yesterday. One thing I have added to my daily agendas, not just for Monday’s, is taking baby steps to “down sizing”. It is hard to do away with things that I have stubbornly held on to for so long. When I get a shelf or small space clear of things it is a bit of an accomplishment and I’ll have to admit that the space looks better. A lot of the things are things I haven’t used in years and most likely never will. I do have inklings that some of the things I get rid of will come up as something I will “need”.
So far this has been a summer of things different than I am normally use to. Some are changes in both my and Sue’s life styles at a faster pace than I expected. Some of it is hard for me to face and adjust to” but still it’s a small part of a thing called the “circle of life” I think. So its “buck up” and take it, so be it.
When you own property or are in making a comfortable life style “things”, changes come up. I am changing the way I “enjoy” my leisure time, the television mostly. I am dropping my cable way of receiving programs to “smart TV with a few “apps” to get the shows I like. I am getting help with setting up that change. I believe it will be a lot less expensive in the long run. Then another of the happenings in the journey of a home body is a stuck window. I have one that doesn’t go up and down any more so I am going to ask for some help from my family again to see if we can get it fixed. As mentioned just above the thing about changes is handing even what use to be a small thing like to lift and/or move even small things has become something I need help with. My photo gallery wall for example and now another thing, moving some of the boxes I am filling with things I am getting rid of. I need help to get them from here to there..... I think I have done enough whining for today, so I’ll stop for today.
The word to ponder for today is class. There is always more misery among the lower classes than there is humanity in the higher. Victor Hugo. There are three classes of intellects: one which comprehends by itself; another which appreciates what others comprehend; and a third which neither comprehends by itself nor by the showing of others; the first is the most excellent, the second is good, and the third is useless. Niccolo Machiavelli. The best political community is formed by citizens of the middle class. Aristotle. Other lands have their vitality in a few, a class, but we have it in the bulk of our people. Walt Whitman. Democracy is that form of society, no matter what its political classification, in which every man has a chance and knows that he has it. James Russell Lowell. It is only by not paying one's bills that one can hope to live in the memory of the commercial classes. Oscar Wilde. Let him who expects one class of society to prosper into highest degree, while the other is in distress, try whether one side of his face can smile while the other is pinched. Thomas Fuller. Character is that which reveals moral purpose, exposing the class of things a man chooses or avoids. Aristotle. Character is that which reveals moral purpose, exposing the class of things a man chooses and avoids. Aristotle. The ignorant classes are the dangerous classes. Henry Ward Beecher.
Article summary. Animals, all animals including pets, were put on this planet for a purpose. I can’t imagine it would have been of a negative nature. From 86 years of experience and observation I have not recognized an evil purpose for their existence. The most that I can understand is that we are stewards. I read somewhere that ‘every animal helps keep our planet healthy’ and as stewards we should do the same. Apparently they are doing their “assigned jobs”, are we? The title is Pets and our health: why we should take them more seriously. Lecturer in health policy, politics and promotion, University of South Australia. Lisel O'Dwyer, Senior Researcher, Social and Policy Studies, Flinders University. At theconversation.com. As with most articles I see as well as some I share expound on the fact that pets are an influence on are health and well being, of which I wholly agree. This one pointed out that a recent study “found children with a pet dog were less likely to suffer from anxiety than those without”. I noted that it further mentioned that scientists and their peers are still interested in studies of how health systems and public policy can and should further search answers in these kinds of studies. Fields in criminology and psychology should more regularly contribute findings of how animals can show signs “linking human mental health to human-animal relationships with positive benefits”. Some in these fields don’t put the small evidences they may experience all together as one vital piece of evidence into the value of this information. This article relates this to being “seen as devaluing animals”. The article went on to talk about the subject of pets in relation to events in domestic violence. Some of the women who suffer this action will not leave the situation for the sake of their pet. Some places that help them don’t allow pets. I myself have heard of situations where individuals were told their pet had to be left outside the building even for the owners temporary visits. My thought would be to supply a space for the person or persons with pets that could be apart from the other people. The article also mentioned events in the lives of older people where pets are removed for one reason or another leaving the aged person “condemned” to “isolation and loneliness”. The article ends relating how pets can contribute to our overall health in a myriad of ways. My thoughts are all animals contribute to our well being and balance of life.
I think I will have eggs sunny side up for dinner with a peanut butter sandwich.
Photos in my life today
The next assignment was “my choice”. It is one of my “texture overlays”. This is one of Bobbi staring out the window.
grandson as his birthday party, testing his cake to make sure it was ok for the rest of us
joy
the bonus image here is one of my Fine Art America contest image of “reflections” of a downtown office buildings and our flags
want to shop? Visit: fineartamerica.com search for joy rector click on “view shop” and redbubble.com search for jarector (and take a look at flickr.com search for rectorjoyce)







No comments:
Post a Comment