September 30, 2026 a thought for today, Virtue is the mother of all happiness. Welsh Proverb
Photos in my life yesterday
The fist challenge was “something unexpected”. It is just a puddle of water with a reflection. We can’t always know what will be in those reflections.
the blossoms from a recent store bought. The bloom was ready to call it a day.
Life today. I started this letter before I left for food pantry this morning. When I got home, about an hour ago, I pulled up the four photos for the day. I have them touched up, keyworded and filed to the portfolio calendar page.
I was able to sneak in most of the “check list” of “back burner” things between the other chores. I have two of them left to do. I think I will be able to get them done after the uploads and before dinner time.
I am ready to print tomorrow. I have two bulletins and a sermon to print and distribute. I am hoping to get a couple of more placards attached to the gallery photos while I am at church.
The word to ponder today is done. We judge ourselves by what we feel capable of doing, while others judge us by what we have already done. Henry Wadsworth Longfellow. Silly things do cease to be silly if they are done by sensible people in an impudent way. Jane Austen. The important work of moving the world forward does not wait to be done by perfect men. George Eliot. A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures. Daniel Webster. Perhaps the most valuable result of all education is the ability to make yourself do the thing you have to do, when it ought to be done, whether you like it or not. Thomas Henry Huxley. What may be done at any time will be done at no time. Scottish Proverb. Measure not the work until the day's out and the labor done. Elizabeth Barrett Browning. Make up your mind to act decidedly and take the consequences. No good is ever done in this world by hesitation. Thomas H. Huxley. Determine never to be idle...It is wonderful how much may be done if we are always doing. Thomas Jefferson. Well done is better than well said. Benjamin Franklin. Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads. Lord Chesterfield. Common sense is the knack of seeing things as they are, and doing things as they ought to be done. C. E. Stowe. Once harm has been done, even a fool understands it. Homer. Things that are done, it is needless to speak about...things that are past, it is needless to blame. Confucius. Mine honour is my life; both grow in one; take honour from me and my life is done. William Shakespeare. If we say a little it is easy to add, but having said too much it is hard to withdraw and never can it be done so quickly as to hinder the harm of our success. Saint Francis de Sales. However often you may have done them a favour, if you once refuse they forget everything except your refusal. Pliny the Younger.
Article summary. I have heard on tv about personal diaries and reflection journals and how Journaling is a comforting way to “process emotions”. I have read this kind of description of writing in many instances and how it is a healthy path to an over all well-being. I wanted to take a look at this author’s thoughts on the subject. I find writing useful in many aspects of my own life. The title is Writing builds resilience by changing your brain, helping you face everyday challenges. Emily Ronay Johnston, Assistant Teaching Professor of Global Arts, Media and Writing Studies, University of California, Merced. At theconversation.com. It started by mentioning that writing “changes the brain” allowing for a shift that “reflects resilience”. It describes resilience as “an ongoing process of personal growth through life’s challenges”. They say “relentless self-improvement” is a way to resilience. In describing how it works in part in that it “externalizes” emotional upset which “fosters” emotional safety. It relates to a “book on a shelf” while putting memories (and planning) into writing leading to “activating the brain’s visual and motor systems.” One major point the author makes is that when you write it allows for combining short term memories into long term ones that then allows us to “re-frame painful experiences and manage their emotions”. As it helps in managing emotions in terms that lets us go from experiencing an emotion in memory to better responding in the thinking and managing of that memory. Writing can make feelings more manageable by seeing them in a different form. I like the statement in the article that writing is a form of thinking and by that can reshape the outcome of a thought. The article suggests that writing by hand rather than typing allows for more careful thought. Writing every day, with just notes or longer it allows us to plan by seeing a direction. Writing makes us think before reacting or speaking. It also suggests to write a letter that never gets mailed, allowing for venting. The practice of writing lets us “consider alternative perspectives”.
Photos in my life today
My next assignment is another of “my choice” and another of my series of a “touch of color”. It looks like some are getting ready for “harvest” or holloween.
the upload title was “yummy”.
I had salmon patties and mac and cheese last night for dinner and found that I have enough for dinner again tonight.
Joy
my Fine Art America upload was old books where I had used the in camera filer
want to shop? Visit: fineartamerica.com search for joy rector click on “view shop” and redbubble.com search for jarector (and take a look at flickr.com search for rectorjoyce)






%20copy%20fine%20art.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment