September 14, 2026, a thought for today, The eyes believe their own evidence, the ears that of others. Swedish Proverb
Photos in my life yesterday
The first challenge for yesterday was “a plant I haven’t killed”. This is in one of my four window gardens. It is one of my miniature roses.
in church. The architecture in this church is beautiful and outstanding.
Life today. This is another one of those days that I “over booked myself” time wise that is, trying to get too many things done in a specified amount of time. It seems when I have done this to myself I have picked one of the things that were only supposed to take about ten minutes to finish, then I get so interested that it ends up closer to an hour before I make myself stop and move onto the list.
One big thing on my list for Mondays is the church bulletin. That was done in about an hour and sent out for review.
I have started another daily project where I take a beak from one thing before I start another. Between the two, I brush Bobbi. She has been developing fur balls. She is quite picky about her “coat”. She seems to groom herself quite often. I bought a special rubber brush. She loves it. I also put a bit of pumpkin in her food to help with her digestion.
So at this point I have most of the check boxes checked. I will finish those and get to the photo uploads and emails.
The weather today started out on the cool side. Now it is a very nice ‘almost’ autumn day.
The word to ponder today is despair. Every composer knows the anguish and despair occasioned by forgetting ideas which one had no time to write down. Hector Berlioz. Never despair; but if you do, work on in despair. Edmund Burke. Appetite, with an opinion of attaining, is called hope; the same, without such opinion, despair. Thomas Hobbes. Discouragement is simply the despair of wounded self-love. Francois de Fenelon. He who labors diligently need never despair; for all things are accomplished by diligence and labor. Menander. Love seeketh not itself to please, Nor for itself hath any care, But for another gives its ease, And builds a Heaven in Hell's despair. William Blake. It is necessary to work, if not from inclination, at least from despair. Everything considered, work is less boring than amusing oneself. Charles Baudelaire. What we call our despair is often only the painful eagerness of unfed hope. George Eliot. Lord, make me an instrument of Your peace! Where there is hatred let me sow love; Where there is injury, pardon; Where there is doubt, faith; Where there is despair, hope; Where there is darkness, light; Where there is sadness, joy. Saint Francis of Assisi. To be thoroughly conversant with a man's heart, is to take our final lesson in the iron-clasped volume of despair. Edgar Allan Poe. He who learns must suffer, and, even in our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God. Aeschylus. In idleness there is a perpetual despair. Thomas Carlyle. Despair ruins some, presumption many. Benjamin Franklin. The depth of our despair measures what capability and height of claim we have to hope. Thomas Carlyle.
Article summary. When I came across the title, I was thinking that though it is pertaining to school there may be ideas and information helpful to all of us in the age of technology. The title is Do mobile devices in the classroom really improve learning outcomes? Matthew Lynch Dean, Syphax School of Education, Psychology & Interdisciplinary Studies, Virginia Union University. At the conversation.com. As it opened it mentioned something that most of us have observed by now that “mobile devices as teaching tools” have become a common part of education. It mentioned that 58 percent of teachers own smart phones. I learned from that that is 10 percent points higher that the “national average of for adults”. It further noted that those teachers are including in some of their lesson plans encouraging students to”bring-your-own-device policies” as in iPads. As it moves on into the descriptions of these plans it asks “is it a trend for attention” or a technology boost or “a flashy way to accomplish the same things as analog instruction”. Then it goes on to point out some research results. There were teachers asked about mobile technology, 73 percent reported using technology in the classroom. English teachers used it more than math teachers. Many of the teachers said they believed “digital literacy courses to be successful academically and beyond”. In one incident they found in some ages three to seven when they played a popular child’s game on a mobile app their vocabulary was improved by 32 percent. Another test with students on a math project those who used “iOSapp Statisticcs1" improvement was found in their final grade. Teachers feel the kids get “more engaged” in the class room when using digital devices. The article mentions, as we know, that there can be a back side to this question of teaching as there are in many benefits in life. In this case teachers’ authority may be “undermined”. In the case of “bring your own device” there may be the idea that some students are “more privileged” than others. There are “privacy” issues with devices offered by the school, in respect to the devices being allowed to be used at home, those issues come in to play. There are types of mobile tech equipment that works better in classrooms. E-readers allow for immediate updates in information that traditional textbooks can’t. It mentions that there are “individual mobile modules” that allow students to work at their own pace. Then there are the “text-response programs”, on line schooling allowing “real-time” feedback including texting from the teacher to and from students. Another feature of mobile learning is he “cloud”. Information can be sent to the cloud and picked up at a phone, tablet or computer somewhere else and shared with others as necessary or as chosen. In coming to an end the article read “when used the right way, mobile technology has the potential to help students learn more and comprehend that knowledge” better. In my own opinion I agree that to keep up with sociality the use of digital means needs to be learned and used but so does the “old-fashioned way” in the event digital hits a black out or something else unforseen.
Photos in my life today
My first challenge is “almost bedtime”. I forgot to get the capture last night before bed so I had to unmake the bed for this shot.
My next assignment is “my choice” and is one of my series of “sepia”. This is one of my neighborhood. I like sepia. It is much like black and white that seems to make a difference in how the image feels.
pile of my old news papers.
I think I will make meat loaf and baked potatoes for dinner.
Joy
this is the words for this photo hanging in the gallery-Wine Glass full of Cherries- wine glass of red cherries remind as a symbol of the communion cup, clear stem and bowl show purity to hold precious remembrance, clustered fruit represents the gathered community of believers, brimming glass illustrates the Psalm that says, "My cup overflows”, the cherries speaks of the joy and peace found in walking with the Spirit
want to shop? Visit: fineartamerica.com search for joy rector click on “view shop” and redbubble.com search for jarector (and take a look at flickr.com search for rectorjoyce)







No comments:
Post a Comment