August 17, 2026, a thought for today, He who talks much, errs much. Spanish Prover
Photos in my life yesterday
My first challenge was “ombre”, the color. I wasn’t sure what that was so I had to look it up. It is a subtle changing of colors in single object like this sky at dawn.
image of the letter A which is painted a blue color.
Life today. I am getting ready for another of the “busy” weeks. Monday is the only day I have “off”. With that is mind I am trying to get a lot of niggly little things out of the way so I don’t have to put them on a back burner.
I have the bulletin done and out for checking. I have a tiny little start on the newsletter. Now I am working on my daily upload projects. Lowell has brought back my “cleaned” up PC. He will be back in a while to reinstall it. They had to clear the hard drive so that means there will be some resetting some of the key strokes that had become memory and re-highlight procedures I use everyday. I may leave the laptop set up for the week so I can get things done before updating. With food pantry and finishing the newsletter it will be a little easier.
Every time I think the rain has stopped there comes more and it’s not just rain. It is loud and rumbling thunder and lighten in the sky. The rain comes down literally in buckets full at a time. I do believe Bobbi may be getting use to it. She can take the first thump or two of thunder but no more than two or she is off like a flash.
The word to ponder today is constant. If a man does not make new acquaintances as he advances through life, he will soon find himself alone. A man should keep his friendships in constant repair. Samuel Johnson. The greatest friend of Truth is time, her greatest enemy is Prejudice, and her constant companion Humility. Charles Caleb Colton. Justice is the constant and perpetual will to allot to every man his due. Domitus Ulpian. They must often change who would be constant in happiness or wisdom. Confucius. The mind of man is like a clock that is always running down, and requires to be constantly wound up. William Hazlitt. Beware of dissipating your powers; strive constantly to concentrate them. Genius thinks it can do whatever it sees others doing, but is sure to repent of every ill-judged outlay. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe. 'Tis true there is much to be done, . . . but stick to it steadily, and you will see great effects, for constant dropping wears away stones . . . and little strokes fell great oaks, as Poor Richard says. . . .Benjamin Franklin. I am much indebted to the good Christian people of the country for their constant prayers and consolations; and to no one of them, more than to yourself. Abraham Lincoln. Friendship is never established as an understood relation. It is a miracle which requires constant proofs. It is an exercise of the purest imagination and of the rarest faith! Henry David Thoreau. Moral precepts are constant through the ages and not obedient to circumstances. Lord Acton. It is your own assent to yourself, and the constant voice of your own reason, and not of others, that should make you believe. Blaise Pascal.
Article summary. I am interested in human emotions and how they affect each of us and the those around us. They say gratitude is one that makes us feel better and there are the religious roots to it. So I wanted to take a look to see this person’s view of the word. The title is Are you as grateful as you deserve to be? Richard Gunderman, Chancellor's Professor of Medicine, Liberal Arts, and Philanthropy, Indiana University. At theconversation.com. It begins by focusing on points that affect all of us in our times of sadness and stress. Times like when we experience illnesses and injuries. These are the times when we can “develop one of the healthiest, most life-affirming and convivial of all habits – that of counting and rejoicing in our blessings”. Following this the author went on to say gratitude is a benefit showing in some studies that “grateful people tend to be healthy and happy”. They feel less stress and depression along with the ability to cope better when hard time hit. It may be we are more focused on the good things which leads us to “take better care of ourselves and each other”. Writing thank-you notes offers the same benefits. It is relayed here that Aristotle from ancient history was noted in believing “that we become what we habitually do”, meaning we can “mold ourselves” into being the kind of people we want to be. Cicero of Rome “called gratitude not only the greatest of virtues but the “parent” of them all”. Gratitude is a universal and highest value in all major world religions. In Judaism the first words in morning prayer is “I thank you”. In Christian perspectives gratitude along with thanksgiving “are vital”. One critic of note calls it “the highest form of thought.” Gratitude and thankfulness are important to the Hindu people along with Buddhists as well. As the article moves on it mentions that a “brush with death” opens our eyes, we become more grateful. The author suggests that in “practicing gratitude” don’t think just of things that make us feel better than others. Think of how we are each and all blessed with the sunshine and we have a brain and free choice.
Photos in my life today
The next challenge is “my choice”. It is one of my series of “mirror images” it is one of part of my neighborhood street.
of a day to me.
I think spaghetti for dinner.
Joy
the bonus is what I am calling summertime, it is uploaded to a contest in Fine Art America
want to shop? Visit: fineartamerica.com search for joy rector click on “view shop” and redbubble.com search for jarector (and take a look at flickr.com search for rectorjoyce)







No comments:
Post a Comment